After years of payment deferral, student loan payments are set to resume on October 1st. If your interest rates are high or you have one or more variable rate loans, now is the time to refinance into a lower fixed-rate student loan.
Student Loan Debt Payments are one of the most significant barriers to home ownership. If purchasing a home is in your future, reducing your payment can help you save for down payment and qualify for a mortgage.
Vertex now partners with Student Loan provider CampusDoor.
5 reasons to refinance your student loans.
- Save a lot of money: Converting a high-interest student loan into a lower interest loan can save a lot of money and cut your student debt.
- Improve your monthly cash flow: With lower loan payments, you’ll have more disposable income at the end of every month.
- Save for a mortgage down payment faster: When you refinance, you can put those monthly savings toward that all-important down payment on a new home.
- Lower your debt ratio: Debt-to-income (DTI) is as important as your credit score when applying for a mortgage. Refinancing reduces your DTI.
- Make just one monthly payment: Instead of making multiple payments to cover multiple student loans, make just one!
A human-supported, online application provided by CampusDoor makes it easy and fast.